What to Wear for Family Photos | Do's and Don'ts | Shelbyville Indiana Family Photographer

Children Photography, Family Photography, Shelbyville Photographer



Wondering what to wear for your upcoming Family Portraits?  I have come up with a few Do's and Don'ts.  Wardrobe should be comfortable and reflect who you are. I do not recommend matching but rather coordinating.  Ready for more?  


Do's:
*Start with Moms favorite outfit
*Play off those colors for the family outfits
*Use different shades of those colors or coordination colors to play off each other's outfit, using 
  2-3 colors
*Use accessories such as jewelry, scarves, hats, jackets etc. to create layers
*Wear what is comfortable, you will be moving around
*Wear clothes that fit
*Dress for weather
*Dress for you family's style...Formal, Business Casual, Casual or informal
*Stay with Classic looks, combine solids and patterns

     
Don'ts:
*Avoid crazy colors, patterns
*Avoid wearing clothes that show brands or logos
*Avoid wearing anything with graphics
*Avoid wearing greens or browns if photos will be in a park setting, you will blend in with the grass 
  and trees
*Avoid wearing colors with Red, Orange or Black
*Avoid wearing matching clothes, coordinate with each other
*Avoid everyone wearing primary colors, pick 2-3 different coordinating colors
*Avoid everyone wearing solid colors, mix and match with prints     

See my Pinterest board for some What to Wear guides that can give you an idea of what I am talking about.  If you have any questions or would like my help in picking out your family's wardrobe  just let me know!  I'm available to help!

Im attaching few of The Morrow Family gallery...mom chose to use Blue and Tan as their colors and of course the adorable hats!  Want to see more of their session? Morrow Family

I will be announcing my Spring sessions this week on Thursday March 21, 2019 to my GWP Circle. Are you a member of my GWP Circle? Well, why not? Now is the best time to become a member as I will announce my Spring dates to my GWP Circle first, plus you will receive a free 8x10 collage created by me of some of your galley favorites!
 GWP Circle is the place to go! 

See you all soon!  Let's start planning your Spring Portrait session!

All the Love,
Gina








                           Ready to Book a Session or have questions?  Contact Gina

    Want to follow me on Facebook?  Gina Wiseman Photography FB page

More of my work Gina Wiseman Photography Website    












     



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Pictures in Batesville Indiana | Location Ideas at Ertel Cellars Winery | Lindsey

Home Birth Photography | Shelbyville Birth Photographer

Senior Pictures Photo Session in Franklin Indiana | Alyssa