How to Prepare for Family Photos | Batesville Indiana Family Photographer | Shelbyville Indiana Photographer

Family Photography, Children Photography, Batesville Photographer, Shelbyville Photographer



You have chosen your family portrait date and location, now it's time to prepare.  What makes this type of session so stressful?  Mom worries about the kids and how they will act, dad really doesn't want to be there (but he does it cause he loves his family) and the children just wanna play and have fun.  This is a list of How to Prepare for Family Photos I give my families:

-Please arrive on time or be ready to start on time: Remember, your session is scheduled according to light. It is important that we start on time. Please plan for traffic or parking constraints. It's best to arrive early.

-Clothing choices are totally based upon your families style.
  
-What I do NOT recommend is changing outfits too many times, if any. We tend to loose the kids. Also, stay away from totally matching. You can coordinate, but matching is not real life.

-Make sure you wear something you can move well in.  

-To get the most out of your session, make sure that your little one has rested and has had adequate snacks and water. We can take breaks for snacks and play, however I will probably still shoot during the breaks. Bring dry, non messy snacks so their little faces stay clean during the session.

-Remember that children are not usually fond of being told to pose or smile. It is best if we just give the children time to relax and try to capture their natural self. Don't worry if your child is running about and active, this is the best way to capture your child.  Try not to get then to say CHEESE as this gives them a funny non real smile.

-To get the family shots, I usually direct the adults to simply "be" with the child, or hold the child and we go from there. I will give directions for activities to get the whole family involved.  

-Please know with my style of photography not everyone will need to look at camera or smile.  I want to capture your family's real-life moments.  

-Prepare the child for the session by letting them know that a friend will be taking some photos of them, it's best not to surprise them.

-Kids will be kids. This is why I start with them to set a fun playful tone of our session. This also helps you as parents relax, knowing that your children will have a fun time. If we have a young child that can possibly cry, etc., don't worry! Snuggles make for some of the best photos. Often times, if they see an older sibling having fun they will join. I have lots of tricks up my sleeve to engage your children so don't worry. Kids pick up on parents anxiety. Letting go will lead to the best types of sessions. Im there to grab all of the real!

-Dads please participate.  I ask this for mom, who will treasure these family portraits and will very important to her.  Plus I will bring dads favorite candy!

I can't wait to capture your family! Do not hesitate to ask me any questions you have. See you soon!

Before you go...take a look at The Werner's Family Portrait gallery.  We had a gorgeous Fall afternoon at a local winery, Ertel Cellars Winery in Batesville Indiana.  This family definitely rocked their session, plenty of smiles and a lot of fun. Which photo is your favorite?

 Thanks again Werner Family for asking me to be your photographer!

All the Love,
Gina



























I have started to plan my Spring sessions and looking forward to the warmer weather. Are you a member of my GWP Circle? Well, why not? Now is the best time to become a member as I will announce my Spring dates to my GWP Circle first, plus you will receive a free 8x10 collage created by me of some of your galley favorites!
 GWP Circle is the place to go! 


Ready to Book a Session or have questions?  Contact Gina

Want to follow me on Facebook?  Gina Wiseman Photography FB page










     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Pictures in Batesville Indiana | Location Ideas at Ertel Cellars Winery | Lindsey

Senior Pictures Photo Session in Franklin Indiana | Alyssa

Home Birth Photography | Shelbyville Birth Photographer