Location Ideas for Lifestyle Photography | Shelbyville Indiana | Family Photography | Lifestyle Session | McColley

Welcome to Blog Post #2 of Lifestyle Photography...

Once you decide on a Lifestyle Family session, location is the next thing to think about.  Locations are not limited to a studio set up but can be anywhere your family likes to have fun.  Locations can be in or outside  your home, local park, farm, local farmers market, festivals, fairs, anywhere!!  There is no limit to location choices.  In the last blog post the family chose their home, the session Im featuring on this blog post was taken a local Garden Center in Shelbyville Indiana.  Big Thanks to McIntire Lawn and Landscape for allowing us to use their garden center location.  Check their website out https://www.mcintirelandscaping.com/

For this lifestyle session I arrived early and scoped out the area, finding the best lighting and the ideal photo spots.  When the family arrived I knew exactly where I wanted to start.  Since we were starting 2 hours before sunset (my favorite time to start) the lighting was perfect.  When I look for the best photo locations I look for the best lighting I can get, this day was cloudy so I could use pretty much any location I wanted (however the sun came out right at the end of the session which gave a perfect sunset photo, see below).  I check and see what the background will look like, I try to avoid anything that will distract from the photo.  In some of the photos below you will notice piles of mulch in background, plants and flowers, I chose to use these background because we were in a garden center and you usually find mulch and plants there...plus it told the story of the location.  I made sure to have plenty of location ideas so I could offer my clients more of a variety.  At the end of each of my sessions I try to capture the family walking away from the camera as if they are heading out for more adventures.  

Watch for Blog #3 in this Lifestyle Family Portraits series....coming next week!  

Take a look at some photos from their gallery, do you see the story of their day at the garden center?  What location would you like captured with your family?  How do you want me to tell your story?  If you are interested in my Lifestyle Family Photography contact me today and let me tell your story!  Click here to contact me https://ginawisemanphotography.com/contact  or better yet join my GWP Circle http://bit.ly/GinaWisemanPhotographyCircle this is where you get first access to my Sales, Events and Promotions!  If you sign up today you will receive a free 8x10 collage (created by me) of some favorite photos from your gallery.  I will meet you over there!

All the Love,
Gina 































This link will take you to my website https://ginawisemanphotography.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Pictures in Batesville Indiana | Location Ideas at Ertel Cellars Winery | Lindsey

Senior Pictures in Shelbyville Indiana | Rushville High School | Alexus

Downtown Shelbyville Indiana Senior Photographer | City Senior Pictures | Madi