What is Lifestyle Photography | Shelbyville Indiana Family Photographer | Children | Gina Wiseman Photography

Hello Friends....Hello Thursday!

Today Im starting a 3 blog series on Family Lifestyle Photography, Im going to explain as best as I can what Lifestyle Photography is and why I like it so much.  In this blog post we will discuss the definition of Lifestyle Photography (according to Wikipedia.com), why this is my favorite type of photography and I will post slideshow of a in-home family photo session I had recently.  So grab the coffee (or your favorite drink) and lets get started!

Wikipedia says the definition of Lifestyle Photography is "a kind of photography mainly aims to capture portrait/people in situations, real-life events or milestones in an artistic manner and the art of the everyday.  The primary goal is to tell stories about people's lives or to inspire people in different times".  

Basically, a Lifestyle Photography session is where a photographer gives direction and captures those moments.  You can say these moments are posed, but I like to say I give suggestions of what would you do in this moment and go from there...capturing what they do in my camera...and creating their story to keep for a lifetime.  The family Im featuring in the video below, I spent the afternoon with them doing the things they like to do as a family...Playtime, Reading, Bath and Snuggle time.  I told their story of their normal routine before bedtime.  These are moments mom and dad will remember forever and now will have photos to display in their home.  

Why this is my favorite type of photography?  I love photographing people in their everyday lives, capturing those special moments for everlasting memories.  Photos they will be able to share with family and friends and especially their children for years to come.  I love seeing the face of Mom and Dad when they see their photos...to see the tears run down their faces knowing they will cherish these special moments forever.  This is why I love my job!  

Take a look at the video...let me know what you think by commenting below.  Blog Post #2 will be posted next week!  Stay tuned!

All the Love,
Gina










Interested in knowing my sales, events and promotions?  http://bit.ly/GinaWisemanPhotographyCircle click here to join my GWP Circle!  Receive a free 8x10 collage created by me from your first session booked! 

https://ginawisemanphotography.com/ will take you back to my website! 

Comments

  1. Gina, I love the video and how you captured the everyday moments. Special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelia! I love this type of Photography!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Pictures in Batesville Indiana | Location Ideas at Ertel Cellars Winery | Lindsey

Senior Pictures in Shelbyville Indiana | Rushville High School | Alexus

Downtown Shelbyville Indiana Senior Photographer | City Senior Pictures | Madi